Through this time of uncertainty, we are overwhelmed by the amount of support we received from the community. Here are a few incredible examples of how our community has shared #CHOCKindness during this time:
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA GIVES $200,000 to COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS
From naming our cancer institute 10 years ago to now donating $200,000 to support COVID-19 preparedness at CHOC Children’s, Hyundai is creating an impact and showing that kindness has no bounds.
- Clavis Foundation: Gave an impactful gift in support of our COVID-19 Response Fund and families that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS/BUSINESSES DONATING MEALS TO CHOC STAFF
- Anepalco Restaurant: Donated meals to CHOC staff members to help sustain them through the ongoing pandemic
- Blue Bowl Superfoods: For every $10 donated on their GoFundMe page, Blue Bowl Superfoods will provide a bowl to an employee at CHOC or other nearby hospital.
- BraveOnes Foundation: Donated meals and 50 face shields to the PICU
- Costco: Allows priority access for healthcare workers and first responders. By showing your CHOC ID, you will be allowed to move to the front of any line to enter the warehouse.
- CLIF Bar: Donated packaged foods to our frontline care givers
- Habit Burger: The Habit Burger food truck provided burgers and dinner to the evening shift staff at CHOC Children’s.
- IHOP: Healthcare workers receive 30% off their takeout orders by presenting their CHOC ID. Available at these locations:
- 1840 S Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, CA 92802
- 18542 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine, CA 92612
- Krispy Kreme: Beginning March 30 through National Nurses Week (May 6-12), Krispy Kreme will offer free dozens of its original glazed donuts to healthcare workers who present employee badges at Krispy Kreme drive-thru windows.
- Loan Depot: Donated thousands of meals from Wahoo’s for hundreds of associates
- Mothers Market: Healthcare workers will have 10% off their entire purchase when they show their CHOC ID at the register.
- Mylk Labs: Gave hundreds of nutritious oatmeal cups to frontline care givers
- Northgate Market: Provided meals for hundreds of associates
- Nuvision Credit Union: Donated a gift card to all frontline care givers to order meals online from five nearby restaurants and donated meals to all CHOC associates on April 30.
- Panini Kabob Grill: Donated meals to the frontline care givers
- The Stand: Donated meals for associates
- Starbucks: Now through May 3, Starbucks is serving a free tall hot or iced coffee to healthcare workers.
- US Bank: Donated meals to CHOC’s NICU staff
- Yakult: Donated thousands of bottles of Yakult Probiotic Drinks for all our Orange and CHOC at Mission Associates
- Yogurtland: Donated hundreds of baked goods to our frontline care givers
KEEPING CHOC RUNNING: DONATION OF SUPPLIES AND PPE
- Avarisource: Donated thousands of medical/surgical masks to CHOC for COVID-19 support
- Brave Gowns: Donated hundreds of masks, and set-up additional sponsor-a-mask campaign for donors to send hospital grade masks to staff and volunteers at CHOC
- Caudable LLC: Donated hundreds of surgical face masks
- Chu’s Packaging Supplies: Gave a generous donation of lab coats, bouffant caps, coveralls, and sleeve covers to CHOC
- Complete Clothing Company, Inc. / Willow: Donated 900 reusable fabric masks
- Coyle Reproductions, Inc.: Donated hundreds of face shield masks
- Delafuente: Donated hundreds of fabric masks
- Direct Edge: Donated hundreds of face shield masks
- Don Bosco Technical Institute: Donated over two dozen face shield masks
- Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply: Donated hundreds of white coveralls to help CHOC at Mission Hospital
- HD Supply White Cap: Donated thousands of N95 masks with hundreds of protective eyewear, and also donated a truck full of toys for the patients that CHOC serves
- Healthcare Mask Collective: Donated hundreds of homemade masks
- Mission Viejo Rotary: Donated hundreds of fabric masks
- Mother Goose Guild: Donated hundreds of fabric masks
- Niagara Water: Donated 10 pallets of water bottles for CHOC staff, patients and families
- North OC Masks: Donated thousands of homemade cloth masks
- Northrup Grumman: Donated hundreds of N95 masks
- Operation Be Kind: Donated one thousand N95 masks
- Orange Quilt Bee: Donated homemade cloth masks
- Plantlife Natural Body Care: Donated soaps for over 100 associates at CHOC at Mission
- Sewers of South Orange County: Donated hundreds of fabric masks
- Threads of Love – Orange County, Inc.: Donated hundreds of homemade cloth masks
OTHER INCREDIBLE SUPPORTERS
- Bergelectric: Allowing CHOC use of a trailer for COVID-19 response efforts
- Boys and Girls Club, OC: Opened their doors to support child care of critical care workers throughout Orange County
- David Wilson Automotive Family: Donated Heavy Duty F150 truck to be utilized for COVID-19 response efforts
- EC Hispanic Media: Provided translation of our resource materials – currently on choc.org/coronavirus. Also provide the forum to provide a webinar focused on the mental health of children during COVID 19.
- Incipio: Donated pallets of boxes filled with Incipio smartphone accessories and three dozen multi-docking carts for CHOC associates
- Kinecta Federal Credit Union: donated directly to CHOC’s COVID-19 support fund to help provide immediate assistance to CHOC’s response to COVID-19.
- Microsoft Store, Mission Viejo: Donated Xbox gaming consoles and video games for our child life department. Also, donated free virtual learning experiences for children, gaming events and trainings for parents/guardians and staff on all Microsoft 365 features and programs.
- Obsidian Entertainment: Donated 10, 12-month Xbox Game Pass codes for Child Life specialists to update Xbox game play and activity for patients
- OC Mazda: Free oil change and car wash to all healthcare providers regardless of what car they drive. Available at Tustin Mazda, Tustin Hyundai, Huntington Beach Mazda and Mission Viejo Acura through end of April.
- Sammy Rabbit: Sammy Rabbit, an interactive program that teaches kids great money habits, donated hundreds of coloring books and CDs to the hospital to help support the patients of CHOC Children’s.
- Serendipity Flowers: Donated bouquets to the hospital staff working through the crisis.
- Southwest Airlines: Medical Transportation Grant Program: e-passes to be temporarily used for medical personnel to travel for medical-related purpose
We are so grateful for all the support we receive, especially during this time of uncertainty. For more ways to support CHOC’s COVID-19 efforts, please visit choc.org/kindness