CHOC and the Latino Advisory Council
Unidos Por CHOC
A Fundraiser for the Wellness on Wheels Program to Promote the Health and Well-being of Latino Children
2nd Annual Unidos Por CHOC
Thursday, March 31, 2022
Northgate Gonzalez Markets – Corporate
1201 North Magnolia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
The event will include heartfelt messages, highlights from our incredible sponsors, live entertainment, special guest appearances and a 20th anniversary celebration of Wellness on Wheels—to learn more about the program, keep scrolling.
RAISING FUNDS FOR
Wellness on Wheels
Wellness on Wheels (WoW) is an innovative model of bringing resources, education, support and services to underserved children and their families directly in the community. Connecting families to these resources and avenues, WoW will advance healthcare services for those who may be unable to travel or pay for care.
Wellness on Wheels will directly improve children’s health through:
- Regular wellness check-ups, including immunization administration.
- Psychosocial screenings and connection to services.
- Health screenings, including for asthma.
- Physical activity and guided play including a mobile playground, yoga, group instruction and movement.
- Information and referrals to food insecurity programs, housing assistance, community resources and summer/after school programs.
- Providing services onsite at local preschools, elementary and middle schools, as well as community centers.
This program will also advance health education, including:
- Pediatric obesity prevention and management.
- Wellness education, including topics such as nutrition, personal hygiene and mindfulness.
- Injury prevention education.
- Media literacy education regarding body image, eating disorders, bullying, social media safety and online predators.
Most importantly, through this program, CHOC aims to provide ease of access and peace of mind while reducing the physical and financial barriers to healthcare.
Join Us on the Journey
It is through the generosity of our community of donors that CHOC is able to give children and families access to the critical support they need to face unprecedented hardships and receive the care they need to thrive.
Helps bring educational resources and materials to the children and their families directly in the community.
Helps cover the cost of items such as tires, spares or wheel equipment to reach our most vulnerable children.
Helps improve children’s health through regular checkups, screenings and immunization administration.
Helps reduce the physical and financial barriers to healthcare by providing services onsite at schools and community centers.
Helps cover the cost of referral programs such as food insecurity, housing assistance, and after school programs.
Helps advance healthcare services and evidence-based education that address social determinants of health.
Together, we can usher in a new model of comprehensive care for low-income communities and change the trajectory of young lives throughout Orange County and beyond.
Have questions? Want to get involved?
Please email email@example.com for more information
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Modern Woodmen of America
BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Carlson & Jayakumar LLP
City National Bank
Union Bank Private Wealth Management