Latino Advisory Council
To foster a collaborative partnership between CHOC and the Latino community.
To encourage the Latino community’s engagement in philanthropy and volunteerism that benefit the children and families served at CHOC. The Latino Advisory Council supports and promotes CHOC through collaborative partnerships and philanthropic engagement with the greater Latino community. The Latino Advisory Council will primarily focus its efforts on Wellness on Wheels (WoW), a comprehensive program that will provide a broad range of needed services in the most underserved communities in OC. WoW’s goals are to dismantle barriers to healthcare access that have historically resulted in health disparities among our county’s most vulnerable.
Build a culture of philanthropy and leadership fundraising by securing a minimum of $5,000 per year forCHOC (Give or Get).
As a Council Member, we ask for active participation via two of the opportunities below:
- Participate in the planning and fundraising efforts for the Unidos Por CHOC Campaign, including the annual Event.
- Help in soliciting potential donors (from a list provided by the Foundation).
- Participate in Foundation wide events by sponsoring or securing donations (i.e. Annual Gala, Golf Tournament, CHOC Walk).
- Cause marketing campaign: arrange with a business or restaurant to donate a % of sales to CHOC.
- Host a house party or invite a friend to host a house party. For the foreseeable future, that may only include virtual events/salon events. By hosting an event, you invite your contacts, underwrite the cost of food and drink, open your home to potential supporters, and preferably make the pitch for support.
- Attend quarterly meetings at the CHOC Foundation office (or other TBD location; currently meetings are taking place virtually during COVID 19 restrictions).
- Serve for a minimum of two (2) years, with the option to serve consecutive terms.
The 2nd Annual Unidos Por CHOC Event, a fundraiser dedicated to promoting the health and well-being of Latino children, while raising funds for the new Wellness on Wheels Program (WoW).
For more information on the CHOC Foundation Latino Advisory Council please contact:
Associate Director, Corporate Engagement