Your great idea can make a difference!
The CHOC Foundation invites all associates and physicians to turn their dreams for CHOC into reality.
With its Board of Directors, the CHOC Foundation has partnered with philanthropic support and CHOC’s associate giving program to fund innovative programs and services that drive CHOC forward.
To see the list of our 2019 grantees, click here.
Steps to Apply
Submit your wish
Tell us more
Present to the committee
CHOC Foundation invests in you!
Awards range from $5,000 to $250,000
Application assistance is available through online trainings and in-person information sessions
Apply from anywhere with our user-friendly online application
Tips and Resources
Once your idea is approved, you will be invited to submit a full project proposal. If your proposal is selected to move forward, the final stage in the consideration process is presenting your project to the Selection Panel to determine funding decisions. The resources below can help you write your proposal and craft your presentation.
These presentations may be incompatible with some versions of Internet Explorer. They are compatible with other browsers such as Google Chrome and mobile devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
One Wish Grants is a program developed by the CHOC Foundation that helps CHOC associates and physicians develop innovative ideas into fully functional programs. Each year, the selection panel allocates funds in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $250,000 into one-time grants.
Applications are submitted through our online application platform using your CHOC email Address. The current One Wish Grants application cycle is closed. Please check back soon for more updates on when the next One Wish Grants cycle opens.
Our selection panel is made of members of the CHOC Foundation Board of Directors, CHOC leadership and experts, and philanthropists who use the following criteria to assess projects:
– Adheres to CHOC’s strategic goals and the priorities of the applicant’s department
– Defines clear goals and objectives
– Outlines outcomes that are attainable within the time, funding and personnel indicated within the proposal
– Identifies the population that the project will serve
– Proposes a request between $5,000 and $250,000
– Obtains approval from and anticipates collaboration with CHOC leadership (department head and executive management team)
– Demonstrates knowledge of current CHOC systems and practices
– Bonus: The applicant(s) donate to the One Heart, One Mission associate giving campaign
– New equipment that leads to better medical outcomes
– A program that improves patient nutrition
– Materials for family education
– A temporary or contract employee for the duration of a project
– Salaries for new or existing permanent positions
– Partnerships that extend to any entity beyond CHOC Children’s
– Existing or planned operating expenses
– Grants that request more than $250,000
Participants were notified via email regarding their status and if they are moving forward as a finalist to present their project to the Selection Panel in Spring of 2021.
Please check back soon for more updates on when the next One Wish Grants cycle opens.
CHOC Foundation strives to grant all wishes and seeks to match projects with philanthropic support.
One Wish Grants Highlights
Funded by CHOC Foundation’s unrestricted giving, One Wish Grants gives CHOC’s care teams the ability to pioneer new solutions to serve the areas of greatest need in our community. Here is the list of 2019 One Wish Grants Awardees.
Contact our One Wish Grants Team
For any further questions or inquiries, please reach out to the One Wish Grants Team.